Monday, April 29, 2013

Disappearing Nine Patch with Minkee

Marcy made this bright colored Disappearing Nine Patch quilt for a new baby boy. On the label, she embroidered a cute caterpillar. I couldn't resist adding some adorable critters of my own. I quilted in a snail, butterfly, dragonfly and a bumble bee to the meander quilting. 

The batting was Hobb's Warm and White, which quilted up beautifully with the Minkee backing.  This is a very comfy quilt.  






Thanks Marcy for the pleasure of helping you finish this keepsake.  







3 comments:

  1. So precious with the addition of those little quilted critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kristina, for posting my quilt(s). You did such a great job! The Minky can be challenging, and you took it on and made them look so great. Thank you again for your creative quilting style!

    We are driving through Ely on the way to Jackson Hole, WY. I'll be waving at you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kristina, for publishing my quilts on your blog. You did a great job, in spite of the challenging Minky backing!

    We will be driving through Ely Friday, on the way to Jackson Hole, WY. I will be waving at you!

    ReplyDelete