Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Batik HST's

I must admit, batiks are my favorite fabrics to work with. I love the look they give to a quilt. The colors, patterns make a quilt glow!

Marcy made this beautiful HST quilt with solid white and green/purple batiks. Simplistic in design, but very effective. 

I quilted a basic meander with a few feathery leaves thrown in for good measure to complement the batik fabrics. 

With a minkee backing and thin bamboo batting, this quilt turned out very nice. It has a great feel to it and will be wonderful to snuggle up with on cool nights. 





3 comments:

  1. I love batiks, too!
    And purple...
    And green....
    And that quilt is awesome.
    And I just found your new blog.
    So much in one click of the mouse.
    Now to figure out how to follow it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a roll....
    I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete